This week we celebrated Veterans Day. KAYA recognizes and thanks all the men and women who have protected our freedom and rights as Americans. Filipino Americans have made lasting contributions to America’s wartime efforts. The Veterans History Project (VHP) of the Library of Congress recently hosted a special all-day program showcasing the contributions of the Asian Pacific American community during World War II, entitled Unsung Heroes: Asian Pacific American Heroism During World War II.
KAYA members and allies can honor a veteran in your family or community by recording their story. Take a moment to listen to some courageous stories at http://www.loc.gov/vets/stories/ex-war-asianpacific.html and then record and submit a story of a veteran you know to the collection at the VHP. For more information on the Veterans History Project call 1-888-371-5848, or visit http://www.loc.gov/vets.
KAYA’s MissionKAYA’s mission is to mobilize the Filipino American community and build partnerships to increase our electoral power, advocate policies that affect our community, and develop leaders to represent us at every level of government. Join us. Help strengthen the voice of our community.
A word about KAYA’s endorsement process:KAYA's mission is to empower and advocate for the Filipino-American community. Pursuant to that mission, KAYA endorses qualified candidates for elective office in national and local races, and in primary races on a case-by-case basis. Candidates interested in KAYA's endorsement go through an application procedure and are carefully vetted through the KAYA Leadership Team. For questions about KAYA's endorsements process, please contact us.
- RT @marytablante: 3 DAYS left to tell agencies to not ignore AAPIs. We need to be counted to get the right support & services. SIGN: https:… 4 weeks ago
- RT @HuffingtonPost: Trumpcare 2017-2017 https://t.co/MSF8ALtKfa 2 months ago
- RT @APALAnational: Check out this great guide with some tips on how #AAPIsResist! #Resistance #NotYourModelMinority #SafeWithUS 👊🏼👊🏾👊🏿 http… 2 months ago
- RT @NCAPAtweets: National Director @ChrisNCAPA's response to President Trump's #JointAddress: bit.ly/2mbx4bG https://t.co/0TZfi1Cq… 2 months ago
- URGENT ACTION ALERT: Call @SenDeanHeller TODAY to #DumpDeVos. Betsy DeVos is not fit to become U.S. Secretary of Ed… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
KAYA Flickr Photos