If you are college senior who is passionate about grassroots
organizing, workers’ rights and progressive social change? Are you a
student activist who is anxious to continue the fight for social
justice once you graduate? Do you believe that a strong labor movement
is vital to fighting back the attacks on working families, on health
care, and the very fabric of what makes our communities vibrant?
If yes, then consider fighting for social and economic justice as a
union organizer for one of the most progressive union’s in today labor
movement. Go to www.unionbreak.org to apply for AFSCME’s Alternative
Union Break, a program for college seniors interested in making a
difference, and pursuing a career in union organizing.
December 7th, the deadline for college seniors to apply for this
exciting alternative break opportunity, is just around the corner. Go
to www.unionbreak.org to find out more and to submit an online
Here are some benefits participants can expect:
– Five days of intensive union organizing training, in the classroom
and in the field.
– Instruction from experienced organizers on an active organizing
– Consideration for AFSCME’s Organizer-in-Training Program upon
– Friendships with like-minded students from across the country.
– Housing for five days, plus a daily living allowance of $25
Help us spread the word by forwarding this to other interested
students. Send a note to your favorite listserv or blog. This
opportunity is too important to pass up!