Do you know a passionate young leader who would be interested in being a part of progressive change this summer in Washington DC?
The Center for Progressive Leadership’s New Leaders Internship Program is a paid ten-week summer program in Washington D.C. for young people from underrepresented communities across the country who are committed to developing their leadership skills. Each New Leader is matched with a paid
internship in a leading progressive organization in DC, including policy and
research work, advocacy, organizing, media relations, and on-line communications. CPL New Leaders also participate in orientation and closing
workshops, weekly trainings, coaching, and a variety of networking events, conferences and other opportunities.
The CPL New Leaders Program is for young leaders who are interested in getting paid, on-the-job experience interning in a top progressive organization during the summer of 2010. CPL will also be looking for individuals who:
- Express a personal commitment to progressive change
- Have demonstrated leadership experience
- Are committed and open to personal growth
- Have received their high school diploma or its equivalent by the start of the program in June 2010
- Would not be able to come to DC for an unpaid internship
To learn more and apply, visit
*Applications are due February 8 for early decision and March 8 for regular decision.*
Check out on Facebook too!
Please forward on to your friends and networks.